Did you know that the “quality” of video slots online are mainly defined by RTP percentage? It’s true. As far as players are concerned—and you really shouldn’t care about the bottom line of “The House” or the casino holding the slots, they’ll be fine—you should be on the lookout for high RTP slots.
Slots with an RTP of 95% and above (up to 98% usually) get such high returns through jackpots, reward systems, multiple free spins, sticky bonuses, plenty of wilds and multipliers, and 243 ways to win (a fixed 243 payline).
Are High RTPs All They’re Cracked Up To Be?
• It’s No Coincidence: It’s not a coincidence that the newer slot machines all feature high RTP ranging from 95% to 98%. Players love them and seek them. Online slots by default offer an uphill battle towards getting that lucky combination when push comes to shove.
• The Point of High RTP: If you’re familiar with reel-based games and online gambling, you should be aware that most new online slots come with high RTP. These higher rates of potential winnings are the collective carrot dangled to newer players to try slots out.
• What RTP Entails: A high RTP indicates which part of your total stake can be received back. Prior to playing a video slot title you should look at its specs or parameters. How many paylines does it have? Also, what about wilds, multipliers, scatters, and so forth?
• The House Always Wins But… Yes, as a default, the house or the casino always wins in the end, with you playing at a disadvantage with disposable income. However, slots with higher RTP rates also come with a lower house edge compared to low-RTP slots.
• Smaller Winnings for the Casino Operator: The carrot that operators dangle to slots players is that they have a smaller part of your bet going to them for sure. The odds of you losing against lady luck or random spins are curbed by bonuses and free spins that raise the slot’s RTP.
• The Olden One-Handed Bandits: The olden one-handed bandits of yesteryear using reels and actual mechanical gears tended to really stack the odds against you for a bigger payout down the line, like you’re in a lottery. A high RTP slot is more forgiving and less “random”.
• Bigger Winnings for You: A larger percentage of your wager goes back to you instead of the house because of the nature of RTP slots giving you more chances to win, more bonuses that stick around, and less likelihood of you crashing and burning.